Search content

Which was the first Elder Scrolls game you played?

Tuesday 28 June 2011

The difference between dynamic and static

Later, probably not today, since I am busy as a bee, I will be hitting up a post about the dynamic features of Skyrim, which will be so awesome that it will melt our brains. Any girl- or boyfriend we have, we will dump in order to be able to focus fully on the important things in life: Skyrim stuff!

Don't believe me? just you wait!

For now, I'll settle for explaining the difference between dynamic and static objects, since there are also people in the world who doesn't have English as their native language.

It is fairly easy.
Static objects are the objects in the world that are immovable or in the case of weather, are simple textures. Good examples of static objects in Oblivion would be chests and furniture, or even trees.

Dynamic objects are the opposite. They are movable and are affected by other dynamic objects. I can tell you as much as the weather and the trees in Skyrim will be dynamic. A good example of dynamic objects in oblivion would be food, and surface water, which ripples when you swim in it.

Later on, as I said, I'll make a full article on the amazing, mind-blowing dynamic features that we will see in Skyrim. Prepare a sock, or a cup or something.

3 comments:

  1. It's been a while since you said this.
    Maybe I should be happy about this since I still have a girlfriend!

    I'll be waiting for the post. So I will keep tuning in.
    I sure hope you read the comments.

    - Mike

    ps. I have been to your site before, but never really read much of the content here. But that was a mistake.
    The site is awsome, and very informative!
    And I like the way you make the posts fun and interesting at the same time!
    Keep it up :)
    So many thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Thanks for all the comments and kind words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't mention, I should almost had paid you for posting all this info! :)
    And you got it! :) It is kind words even though eh.. well the opening here was a little demanding x)
    But yeah, it's meant in a good way!

    - Mike

    ReplyDelete