Search content

Which was the first Elder Scrolls game you played?

Thursday 10 November 2011

Part of your (limited) world

[Guess the title reference]

Ask and you shall receive, as I always say. Everyone is welcome to ask their questions, and I'll do my best to give a proper answer. This time around, I was asked what I consider a surprising question. It wasn't about indigenous info, randy rumors or comforting confirmations! It was about how immersible and viable it would be to stay in the same area, on an entire playthrough.



To clarify: Is it viable to stay in a specific area for the entire game, focusing mainly on only one guild, one house, one wife, one life? - A sort of immersible roleplay, I suppose.

So how viable do I believe it will be? Very viable!

The reason for this? Radiant Story.

Although we will definitely be sent to far-away places, should we choose to follow the questline of a guild, it should be perfectly possible to maintain and on-going, slowly-changing life, since Radiant Story will look at all of our actions and give us varied experiences!

As with everything else, I'd imagine this eventually getting dull, but for people who enjoy roleplay, this is actually pretty amazing. Now I know that some people don't even make a story for their character, but solely wish to complete the game, but I am absolutely positive that the majority of TES fans enjoy doing a little solitary roleplay and a refined glass of pepsi.

In all seriousness. TES games have always let us create our own story, more so than providing their own, and that is the beauty of the TES games! They flesh out the major parts, and then we can take care of all the little details in our mind - Radiant story or not; That will always give us a different experience for each playthrough.

2 comments:

  1. The Little Mermaid... Now I don't know if I win or lose for knowing that...

    Oh well... ONLY 5HRS 33MINS AND 10SECS TILL SKYRIM!!!

    ReplyDelete