Search content

Which was the first Elder Scrolls game you played?

Monday 29 August 2011

I'm gonna pick yo' pocket!

STOP! YOU VIOLATED THE LAW!

Pickpocketing is one of my favorite skills in The Elder Scrolls - I love the thieves guild and all its beautiful members, so pickpocketing is very important to me and I am sure it is for everyone else too, right? (Rhetorical - of course it is.)

It warms my heart greatly that they've made it so much more interesting - BGS has recently released the skill- or perk-tree if you prefer, for pickpocketing. First of all, it seems like weight and value of an object affects how difficult it is to steal <-- Awesome. But that aside, lets see them perks:

[Light Fingers 0/5] Reduces the influence weight and value of items has on your chance of successfully pickpocket an item

[Night Thief] Pickpocketing sleeping people works almost every time

[Poisoned] Silently place poison in other peoples pockets in order to harm or kill

[Cutpurse] Pickpocketing gold is 50% easier

[Extra Pockets] Carrying capacity is increased by 100

[Keymaster] Pickpocketing keys always works

[Misdirections] You can pickpocket equipped weapons

[Perfect Touch] You can pickpocket equipped items

Personally I've always enjoyed the idea of having perks in an Elder Scrolls game - In fact, the first thing I thought when I saw them in Fallout was: "Why the hell isn't this in Oblivion?"
Just looking at these perks for pickpocketing, confirms my opinion: Perks are awesome - And now, so will being a thief!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. Thievery is among my favorite parts of the game as well. The more people I talk to about pickpocketing and thievery, the more I find that most people enjoy this part of the game. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete