Search content

Which was the first Elder Scrolls game you played?

Sunday 31 July 2011

Trespassers will be shot; Survivors will be shot again...

... And I can't wait to hammer the sign into the ground, as I with great pleasure scout around for intruders on my new property.

...
Oh, did you think I meant in real life? No way - I'll probably live with my parents until I die, but that isn't really the point here. The point is that we WILL indeed have the pleasure of owning property (houses and the like) in Skyrim.

It was a grand touch to Oblivion to have a place of your own and in Skingrad you could even get a sla... I mean, maid.

What I would like to know is whether we will be able to purchase more than mere houses, 1 for each city. Maybe just a hunting lodge in the forest or a mansion in the hills would be nice! Given that they take great notice to the modding community, maybe we'll even have some better "museum" options in our homes, so that we won't tip over every dynamic object in an attempt to carefully black our black sword of infinite doom in a display case.

I'm not sure if you can have children, but you can definitely have your spouse moving into your home, should you decide that you want to settle down or that you merely want dinner ready at any given point when you're taking a break from your adventures. Otherwise the whole concept of marriage seems redundant.

Should you be able to undulate into the bedroom and make your own little screamer... Well then I guess there is no point in playing The Sims anymore, is there?

How many homes you can own is unknown ATM, but I have it on questionable authority that it'll be a more than in Oblivion.

1 comment:

  1. Having a home in Oblivion was neat!
    But I hope we have more options when it comes to where certain furniture is placed and how.

    And how many times have I had the wish to put two swords in a cross on the wall, with a nice sheild infront of them. maybe two of these!? With a remarkable painting in the middle!? with tourches on each side too!?
    Now ... this is one of .. eh .. MANY things I'd like to see in skyrim, but alas I think it won't be anything like this, but lets not be so negative.

    But paintings... Imagen you stand infront of a mountain, it's early in the morning - the sun is rising behind the mountain and the fog slowly goes away.
    The sunlight comes through some of the thick branches of a couple of trees to your left and the reflection of the landscape is in the lake on your right!
    And now here come the thought: GOD! In TES this will be said like this "TODD!", This should be put on a canvas and get framed! And I want it on the wall of my house!!!
    (In TES they would say "by the divines" but you are a player.. sorry the truth sucks..)
    But to make paintings would be awsome. Or at least have a selection of paintings to choose from when you want to buy things for your house!
    And it would be great for the new 3d-viewer they've made for every item you can carry :)

    - Mike

    ReplyDelete