Search content

Which was the first Elder Scrolls game you played?

Tuesday 9 August 2011

The Dark Brotherhood - The note

So I saw some footage from the QuakeCon presentation, which were about the same thing they showed at E3 behind closed doors, which they of course did again, only this time it was in Texas. Still, some shaky footage which has already been removed again, is better than none.

Fear not, the title of this post is not as misleading as it seems due to my first couple of statements. My point is that I in that video saw something that will satisfy the confused masses, still doubting the presence of The Dark Brotherhood in this game.

As the guy who were playing was going through his inventory to show off the cool, new 3D animations of every item, he suddenly stopped to open something called the "Mysterious note." As he pressed (A) on his glorious Xbox360 controller, he activated a smooth animation which gently showed the not being opened (as opposed to a new window just opening,) and what I saw made me nothing less than ebullient.
What was it, you ask? It was a message from our favorite faction: The Dark Brotherhood, with a message so cold and direct it could send shivers down your spine and make you stop eating for weeks.

I used my drawing skills (http://dark-hydra.deviantart.com/#/d32kifc) to sketch out the note in great detail (a doodle) which allows me to still gaze upon the brilliantly horrifying note.

Now I am sure you are all eager to know what was on that note, since I've been dragging this out for too long in an attempt to rise the tension. Unfortunately I can't scan the drawing I made, since I lack the tools for that, so I will just tell you!

As the note opened, what appeared was a drawing of their symbol, The Black Hand, and a message below reading: "We know" with big black letters!

So that is how we can finally put all doubt to bed. That and of course also the fact that Todd Howard said that they would definitely be in the game.
*EDIT
Thanks to Leon Dragonheart, as he calls himself, we now have a great picture of the mysterious note

4 comments:

  1. We always know.. -The Black Hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could have linked it to us via deviantart again, just could have put it in the scraps of your gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the Black Hand's reach is indeed both long, and shadowy. We know, but are not known, seen, smelt, heard or sensed. We cannot be found, but we can find. We are the Black Hand, and we will server the Dread Father and Night Mother by covering all in their cold embrace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dumbass, do you mean serve? Or be a server?

      Delete